Re: Speed

hi ya

if you mke your own distro and minimum kernel ...
- you can boot in about 5 seconds...

all the time spent is in "self checking" (hw and sw) of the distro

printing the silly boot messages to the screen also doubles
the bootime if the boot messages went to /dev/null instead
or eliminated completely  ( lots of tweeking to do that )

c ya
alvin