Re: A few Newbie Questions

also sprach Wathen, Metherion <mwathen@bsadesign.com> [2002.10.25.1938 +0200]:
> I asked this question for future reference in case I need to increase the
> size. Currently I have a 50Mb swap partition, I have 12Mb of physical ram.

This is fine. Usually twice the size is good up to 256Mb, when you
should make the partition the same size as RAM.

But to answer your question: It will be difficult to rescale your
partitions without having to reinstall. You should look at tools like
GNU parted (package: parted) to see if it can help you.

>   `-  Debian - when you have better things to do than to fix a system <- I
> like this! I've tried mandrake, peanut some of the "easy" linuxes, and they
> were, Debian however offers something more. It's not too hard and not too
> limiting/controlling - I'm liking it!

Great. And the best: it's not really arrogant if we say that we know
why! ;^>

> Thanks again for all your help, I'm off to tldp.org to learn about automount
> :)

There is also a way to mount the cdrom on insertion automatically
without autofs (which isn't all that great, I find), but I don't know
how to do it. If you find out, let me know.

`. `'`