[OT] It just worked for a change

Hi,

I started using Debian full time a couple of months ago. When I
bought a new computer this summer, I wanted to play some of the
games to marvel at the performance of the new system.

So a new installation of WinXP found its way onto my disk.

However the need for Windows has decreased substantially this week.

A certain game, I won't call it by name for fear of this message to
be costrued as spam, just works on my Debian installation.

It's that other first person shooter with next year in the title.

Okay, I am not running a stock Debian system, but getting a Windows
installation up to date requires a lot of tweaking as well.

I am not sure how the two versions (win and linux) compare in the
eyes of a very passionate shooterfan, but rebooting to play is not
worth it for me. In fact I believe the initial thrashing after a new
level loads is worse on Windows.

Although I don't think that "dumbing down" Linux as witnessed by
recent developments to resemble the look and feel of Windows will be
particularly  successful, I think it's important that games run
natively on Linux.

Btw the game is nice, I suppose.

Bob