Re: printer ejects a blank page after job

This one time, at band camp, Nicos Gollan said:
> On Friday 25 October 2002 12:29, Adam Galant wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have a problem with a printer. It's connected to a samba box which
> > shares the printer with a win9x network. And after _each_ job the
> > printer ejects a blank page, Configuration: woody+samba+lpd, defaults
> > used (only the necessary changes like workgroup and printer name have
> > been made).
> >
> > Printer: Minolta 1100, the problem also occured on Panasonic dot
> > printers, only Minolta18L works OK. I suppose, all 'real' (not GDI
> > winprinters, like 18L) would be affected by this problem.
>
> IIRC, that's a known problem in Samba. I haven't used it for some time
> now, but last time I tried, I had similar problems and stumbled across
> a manpage or a HOWTO that said it was "normal".

I run an HP inkjet (and have had one or two ther relatively cheap
printers in the past) that never did this running from Samba.  It sounds
more like a problem with the .ppd, either on the Samba box or on the Win
box.  If jobs on the server itself don't print the extra page, try
setting up the network printer as a generic {PCL,PS} printer and see how
that goes, or if that's the current setup, try loading the right drivers
for it in windows.  It may be a known bug that I've never stumbled
across, but it should be correctable.

Steve
--
Let the people think they govern and they will be governed.
		-- William Penn, founder of Pennsylvania