PCMCIA CD-ROM drive

Hello,

I am new to linux and debian, I hope my questions
aren't tooo obtooose.

I am working on installation problems.

I am running Debian 3 on a laptop PC.  A Dell
Latitude XPi, Pentium 133.

This laptop does not have a network card or a CD
drive.

I have both of these devices on PCMCIA cards.

I think the CD-ROM drive works, but I can't
access it.  When I boot the system, the messages
I get and the CD ROM drive activation light lead
me to believe that it is identified and running.
But I don't know how to find it or access it.

The last text I see before my Debian prompt for
login is:

hdg: ATAPI 6X CD-ROMdrive, 123kB Cache
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision:  3.11
ide_cs: hdg: Vcc=5.0, Vpp= 0.0
Debian GNU Linux 3.0 debian tty1

I tried to mount the drive, but was unsuccessful.

Can anyone give me some commands to try to test
and access the CD drive?

Thanks,
Robert