Re: [OT] - Interesting politics and the GPL

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 01:29:13PM -0700, deFreese, Barry wrote:
> Have you folks seen this "debate"?
>
> http://newsvac.newsforge.com/newsvac/02/10/23/1247236.shtml?tid=4

Go to opensecrets.org. In the "Find a Politician:" search box, type
"Smith". At Rep. Smith's page, click "Top Contributors". I'm not even
going to tell you who the top contributor is, I'm sure you can guess.

Has there ever been a wiser maxim than "Follow the money"?

By the way, this contributor (ok, it starts with M and ends with
'soft') gave *more than twice* the amount of the next highest
contributor to Rep. Davis.

I highly recommend opensecrets.org to the yanks out there on this list
(I'm Canadian). Whenever some particularly stinky piece of
"legislation" comes down the pike (Berman/Coble, the Hollings Bill),
you can be sure opensecrets will tell you who has paid for it.

James