Re: xterm: 'home' and 'end' keys not working

hi,
i had the same problem and then i read in a faq for mc if i'm not mistaken that the problem was actually in bash (i assume you use it) -- an upgrade solved the thing for me.

robert

Martin Strauss wrote:

I have the same problem in Eterm - how do I fix this?
I've tried binding the keysyms to  and  respectively, but this fscks
up home and end in vim and other applications...

Martin

Begin  Russell  quotation:
stefan wrote:
Problem:
In xterm, my home key and my end key do not work, only
beep...
This was fixed last night.

To activate the Home and End keys (dedicated or keypad ones) in xterm,
press ctrl+button 2 (mouse left+right) to get the xterm "VT Options"
menu, then select "Enable Application Cursor Keys".
Alternatively, put:
 *xterm*appcursorDefault: true

in ~/.Xresources or to make it system-wide, try put it in:
 /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm