Re: dist-upgrade

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:30:03PM +0200, Johan van der Walt wrote:
> I tried this morning to upgrade from potato to woody. The procedure I
> followed was:
>
> apt-cdrom add
> apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> After inserting the appropriate CD, apt-get returned the following the
> eror message:
>
> E: Internal Error: Couldn't configure a pre-depend.
>

> Apt-get stopped after the error message.
>
> apt-get upgrade worked but clearly that is not a dist-upgrade.
>
> How can I get fix the abovementioned error to have a successful
> dist-upgrade?
>
> Thanks
>
> Johan

Maybe by upgrading apt manually (dpkg -i /path/apt*) hoping that the
error will go away with the new apt? However this might require a lot
of work because I don't know the amount of dependencies involved. You
might also try to upgrade dpkg before the apt-get dist-upgrade if there
will still be some errors.

Disclaimer: don't hold me responsible for what ever the outcome will be.

--

    Shaul Karl, shaulka@bezeqint.n e t