Re: digitising cd collection with ogg vorbis

On Thursday 24 October 2002 13:53, Jamin W.Collins wrote:

> > - How to store the files (on disk I guess, but in some kind of
> >   hierarchy with category etc?)
>
> I do \Artist\Album\tracknum-trackname.ogg
>
> > I'm just wondering if any of you have some experience on this?
>
> Yep, did it for all my CDs.  Even have a short script that will walk the
> directories and create playlists for all the CDs.

I used 'abcde' but have heard good things about Jack.  My usual storage is:

Artist/Album/artist_-_trackname.ogg and let the track number be stored as a
comment in the ogg.  I find just using trackname makes it too easy to confuse
songs by different artists.