RE: Debian, too easy?

I've worked with HPUX, AIX and Solaris.  I've delt with Debian, RH ans Suse.
I find that Debian is closest to any of the above UNIXs.  If you know
Debian, you can find your way around any UNIX box.

As far as a registry is concerned, UNIX/Linux does not need it.  A registry
is the biggest waste of processor bandwidth and disk real-estate, and a
bitch to maintain.  Things are handled very nicely with /etc.  Anything else
is overkill.  -mk