sudo - unable to lookup host via gethostbyname()

Hi all -

I changed my hostname from callerio to callerio.piscat.nj and now when
invoke "sudo" i get the followin message:
slamson@callerio:~$ sudo -v
sudo: unable to lookup callerio.piscat.nj via gethostbyname()

this follows across reboots, if however i echo "callerio" back into
I no longer get that message... after giving that message sudo
continues to function normally, whatever hostname is set to.  Any idea
what causes this?

Shawn Lamson
Debian Gnu\Linux Sid
Kernel 2.4.19-custom