Re: IDE CDRW

High,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, James Tappin wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:45:29 +0200 (METDST)
> Sebastiaan <S.Breedveld@ITS.TUDelft.NL> wrote:
>
> > Yes. Now your CDRW is a SCSI device, so /dev/hdc does not exist anymore.
> > Try doing a 'mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom'. if that works and you are happy
> > with it, do:
> > rm /dev/cdrom
> > ln -s /dev/scd0 /dev/cdrom
>
> However there is ONE place where /dev/hdc is still needed, and that is for
> enabling dma via hdparm.

Seems you are having a problem then ^_^.

However, you may be able to bypass it with a trick.

Make the ide-scsi, ide-cd and sr_mod as modules (you probably have that
already) and put 'igone=/dev/hdc' in lilo (well, that is what I remember:
the kernel ignores /dev/hdc then).

Now load ide-scsi and sr_mod to burn your discs. When finished burning,
unload those modules ans insmod ide-cdrom.

No idea if this works, but it can be tried. I am not sure if the ignore
variable is carried this far.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan