Re: Debian, too easy?

El Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 06:18:52AM -0400, Gregory Seidman escribió:

> } My feeling is that if you know debian then you'll figure out other
> } distros pretty quickly (and probably figure out how much you want your
> } debian back, but that's another story).
>
> My thoughts exactly.
>
> } Tom
> --Greg

I have made several switches:
RedHat 6.1 -> Mandrake 7.0 (painless)
Mandrake 7.0 -> Debian 2.2 (very hard)
Debian 3.0 -> Slackware 8.0 (rather easy)

Today, I use regularly all of these. I think Slackware is by far more
"clean" than Debian, but (opposite to RedHat, SuSE, et al.) I can guess
what Debian makes instead of mine (so, I could do it myself, I think).

--
Alberto Cabello Sánchez <alberto@unex.es>
i386-slackware-linux-gnu 2.4.18