RE: Making one machine an "apt server" for others....

Title: Message
Possibly apt-proxy or apt-move

I have not done this myself, but I am mildly interested.

Package: apt-move
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 164
Maintainer: Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 4.1.21
Depends: awk, bc (>= 1.05a-6), dpkg-dev (>= 1.4.1.6), debianutils (>= 1.13.1), libapt-pkg-libc6.2-3-2-3.2, libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 (>= 1:2.95.4-0.010810)
Recommends: apt
Filename: pool/main/a/apt-move/apt-move_4.1.21_i386.deb
Size: 38278
MD5Sum: 2a1507a02f76ff4e65fd7e046d8495c2
 apt-move is used to move a collection of Debian package files into a
 proper archive hierarchy of the form debian/dists/...  It is intended
 as a tool to help manage the apt-get(8) file cache, but could be
 configured to work with any collection of Debian packages.
 .
 Running apt-move periodically will assist in managing the resulting
 partial mirror by optionally removing obsolete packages, and creating
 valid local Packages.gz files.  It can also optionally employ rsync(1)
 to build a partial or complete local mirror of a Debian binary
 distribution (including an ``installed-packages only'' mirror).

Package: apt-proxy
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 85
Maintainer: Chris Halls <chris.halls@gmx.de>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.3.0
Depends: wget | rsync, grep-dctrl, tcpd, netbase, ash
Recommends: apt
Suggests: wget, rsync, dpkg-dev, stat
Filename: pool/main/a/apt-proxy/apt-proxy_1.3.0_all.deb
Size: 30192
MD5Sum: 802065ad51f1827e61e0217337288d1c
 apt-proxy automatically builds a Debian HTTP mirror based
 on requests which pass through the proxy.  It's great for
 multiple Debian machines on the same network with a slower
 internet link.
 .
 The archive is automatically kept up to date using http,
 ftp or rsync.  Cache cleaning of unused and old versions
 is configurable.  You can also import the contents of
 your apt cache into the archive using apt-proxy-import.
 .
 For more information, see the apt-proxy homepage at
 http://apt-proxy.sourceforge.net
 .
 The suggested packages are needed for the following
 features: wget for http/ftp backend support, rsync for
 rsyncd backends, dpkg-dev for apt-proxy-import and stat
 for improved apt-proxy performance.

Matt