Re: exim with both smarthost and direct send

    "Patrik" == Patrik Modesto <mody@quick.cz> writes:

    Patrik> Hi, First: I'm using Debian testing, daily updated as my
    Patrik> home PC, exim is setup to send outgoing mail directly to
    Patrik> MX record.  Second: Now I need to setup exim to send all
    Patrik> mail for some domain through my ISP's smtp server.

You add a domainlist router so you can catch that specific domain
before anything else? Section 28 of the Exim specification manual.

Something like this might work

isprouter:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = "exception.domain smarthost.isp.net bydns_a"

as the first rule in the router configuration section? This ofcourse
assumes that a remote_smtp transport is defined to use smtp, which my
default Debian installation did for me.

Use "exim -bt user@exception.domain" and "user -bt
user@somewhere.else"  to see if your changes worked.

This advice is worth exactly what you paid for it. I'm an exim newbie
(started using it around 12 months around, and it is starting to make
sense to me. Which is a big improvement over sendmail.cf ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal