More info from apt-cache show?

Is there any way to get more info from a package other than the
description that is shown by apt-cache show?

What I'd like to see is that something like apt-cache changelog foo
that shows:

foo v 1.2.3-4

This fixes the nasty little bug that some people were experiencing with
the 1.2.3-3 package.

Enjoy.

Even if the comment is nothing more than: "This package incorporates
the latest changes to the software, see http://www.foohomepage.net for
more."

I wouldn't be surprised if this exists already, but I sure can't find
it.  Is there a general "wishlist" for debian that I can post this on?

Thanks.

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington            http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli