Re: Real-time window manager switching

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 14:22, csj wrote:

> So, is there a shell command sequence which I can type into an xterm to
> replace Ratpoison with another WM, while keeping my other X clients
> still running? I need the equivalent of a re-startx.

while I hack on blackbox what I usually do is start X so that a term window is
the controlling window and not the window manager.  When I change something
or fix a bug I just exit the wm and start it back up.  If I know I need gdb I
usually run the wm from a second console so that way I can switch to it,
debug, restart and switch back to X.