Re: mrtg configuration

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 04:48:06PM +0200, Sebastiaan wrote:
> 1. does SNMP eat much CPU power? (it is going to run on a PI/133MHz/40MB
> which is used for firewal/gateway/mailserver/proxy etc. for a small local
> network)

No. Doesn't generally use much CPU or memory.

> 2. which package should I install? snmpd?

When I was playing with mrtg I used UCD-SNMP. Not sure if that's the
only one out there or if there's a current recommended Debian package or
anything, though, that was just the first one that came to hand. The
(old) version I was using had some problems, the MIBs were actually
wrong....

--
Michael Heironimus