PHP Problem - /libraries/grab_globals.lib.php

I still can't get get PHP working - Apache and MySQL work fine, but loading
PHP pages continually show errors such as:
Fatal error: Failed opening required './libraries/grab_globals.lib.php'

I reinstalled everything via deb files - phpmyadmin, apache, and php4, and
uncommented appropriate httpd.conf lines:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so

Typing "localhost" in the browser loads docroot  ok, and the phpinfo test
page works fine, showing all the php config settings.  I thought I was all
set!
http://localhost/test.php

However, nothing else with .php, .php4, .php3 works at all.  They fail with
various errors, one of which is the following:
Fatal error: Failed opening required './libraries/grab_globals.lib.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/index.php on line 8

I tried copying all the files from where I originally tried to compile php,
into /var/www/, but it didn't work (dumb guess anyway):
/usr/php-4.2.3/pear
/usr/php-4.2.3/pear/scripts/pear

Can someone give me a suggestion?  I tried searching Google for those error
msgs, but couldn't find any resources or possibilities, other than some pages
written in Russian.

Thanks in advance,

Chip
ncrose@pinn.net