Re: Home and end keys (was Re: Make Debian better)

csj wrote:
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:40:36 -0500
"Jamin W.Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> wrote:

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:07:48 +0200 Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> wrote:

- broken home/end keys in bash in xterm (even in Woody)

Sounds like a possible reason to use RXVT... never noticed that it's
broken in xterm as I've been using RXVT since before I moved to
Debian. However, I did just try it on my (mostly) Sarge system and
Home and End work just fine in xterm *shrug*

A non-problemo for me. I didn't even realize those keys were supposed to
work! Now what's wrong with Ctrl-A and Ctrl-E?

Nothing, unless you were born and raised on home and end instead. For me personally ^a and ^e are non-intuitive. BTW, you can configure libreadline in /etc/inputrc so that bash will use those keys.