Re: Two Debian 3.0 reviews at Slashdot

csj sez:
} On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 04:56:10 -0700
} Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:
}
} [snip: about a reviewer's unfavorable comments about Debian]
}
} >  I have to seriously question whether or not he knows what he's
} >  talking about about RPM.  I've used RPM recently.  It's still painful
} >  to use and terraparsecs behind apt-get *still*.  Even with urpmi.
}
} Unless some people start a Debian-like project using rpm packages, the
} terraparsecs are going to stay. Imagine the consequences of a Redhat
} 9.0 system you can rpm-get to version 12.0. RPM and an XGUI-based
} installer is great for CD-installed systems.

It's being done, frighteningly enough. See http://freshrpms.net/

--Greg