Re: Qmail installation RESOLVED !

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:06:31 +0100 mike moon <mike@eits.info> wrote:

> With that experience I arrive to the conclusion that
> - Removing exim is difficult.

I didn't have much of a problem replacing exim with qmail, but I did do it
all at one time.  I had the qmail deb ready and installed it and removed
exim with the same command.  Thus, the system was never left in what
amounts to a broken state.

> - A lot of packages which are using mail i.e apache are too strongly
> attached to exim, because we should be able to set up a webserver
> without having a mta on the machine.

Really?  How then would local notices be delivered?

> - Having exim strongly linked to other packages causes more problems
> than it resolves.

This depends on your point of view.

--
Jamin W. Collins