Help! New woody install: X very slow + segfault

I need help:

I just installed a debian woody network on a school with a nis and nfs
server, which contains /home directory, shared through NFS.

After install "X window system" and "desktop environment" from tasksel
on 2 machines, I added just one user one the server and tried X from
both computers and it worked fast & fine.

After that I installed some more goodies, like nautilus, evolution, some
Kde-themes, Gtk-engines, and so. When I completed the installation of 12
computers, I added 10 users more to the nis server and did a "make" in
/var/yp, all perfect, but when I log in any computer with someone of
those new users, the system is VERY VERY SLOW and it brings lots of
segfaults (gtop is one of them) BUT surprisingly, if I log in with the
original user it still work fine & fast.

What I did wrong? I just put the original debian woody packages and no
more.

Please can you help me? I need that to make some linus lectures.

Thanks a lot.
Jaume.