Re: XMMS goes silent when moving windows

    Michael> The theory given when I asked about it on the linux-kernel
    Michael> mailing list was that the X server was not freeing the PCI bus,
    Michael> and that moving a window would generate activity in the server
    Michael> that caused it to become free.

    Michael> This got fixed, but maybe it is broken again.

That's another problem.  Xmms has never been able to work when the X window
manager stop responding to it.  I think that just means the XMMS audio
thread somehow needs to synchronize to (i.e., wait for) the GUI (or
something locked by it) rather than the other way round.

Regards,
Isaac.