Re: Backup Script - tar vs rsync

hi ya alan

one day... i'll go play with --backup option to rsync
	- another to add to the todo list

from when i was using rsync, i think the default is NOT
to do a delete ... that if its deleted from the master,
that the rsync target does NOT delete it too

	rsync --delete will delete it which is what i needed to add
	for my rsync of backup disks to other backup clones

	( delete it after its older than 180 days sorta thing
	( on one, and others will do it by itself

	to delete stuff on the rsync target is bad too ??
	and leave it as is its good too... oh well... pick one...

and i still like a tar file of anything copied..

i still like the backup the way i doing it.. ;-)
	- recover from any of 3 mechanisms

- for those looking ( in the archives ) for backup scripts to any media
  and finding this post ... :-)

	http://www.Linux-Backup.net/app.gwif.html

c ya
alvin