Re: Dumb terminals possible with i386 Debian

> >> Suppose I wanted to set up some kiosks for web browsing, solitaire,
> >> etc (just generic users). I can envision three scenarios:

You know....not too long ago a friend of mine (Windows SysAdmin)
showed me a really cool setup.  He had Windows 2000 Server in
one town and in another town he had a conference room full of monitors
and these really little boxes (very little boxes with only monitor, keyboard,
mouse, & power jacks) that he would insert an ATM like card into and
they would show a Windows virtual desktop on all these monitors
connecting over broadband to the main server......I believe he was running
Citrix Metaframe.  I have to find out about this hardware.  I recall
something like "smart card".

Thin client technology....isn't that what you are talking about?

I have always wondered.............why can't Linux (especially Debian Linux)
do the same thing Citrix is doing?