Re: "sudo su" Permission denied

Q. Gong <q.gong@tue.nl> [2002-10-22 00:52:10 +0200]:
> I am trying to use "sudo su -". But I always get "su: Permission denied".
> The purpose is to make su only available through sudo. Any ideas?

What does this command output say for you?  It lists the commands you
can run.  Don't report anything to the list that reveals anything
sensitive about your site.  Just read it yourself and make sure the
output makes sense.

  sudo -l

Probably running 'sudo bash' or equivalent is easier than stacking su
commands.  One advantage of sudo is that commands are run in your
environment and so your command line editing options are all the same
as you expect.  Running 'su -' forces you to load the /root
environment which means those things are frequently different.  That
is much less friendly.

Bob