Re: Make Debian better (Re: Two Debian 3.0 reviews at Slashdot)

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:21:26PM +0200, Robert Wilhelm Land wrote:
> Michael Cardenas wrote:
> >Isn't it the downstream packager's job to take upstream and configure
> >it in a usable way for most users? It seems that if the patches
> >discussed earlier in this thread work, then whining about upstream
> >attitudes is just an excuse for not applying them.
>
> What I just had read in computer magazin a few days ago was
> that lindows uses the debian GPL system to in turn buld up
> the commercial lindows OS and not providing they're code to the
> community - thus giving offence to the GPL.
>
> No idea how this can be defeated in a long-term way.
>
> Michael - your message was meant as a joke - wasn't it?

If you're going to flame somebody, pick somebody better to flame.
Michael's a Debian developer as well as a Lindows employee. Also, I'm
reasonably sure Lindows aren't actually breaking the GPL, despite
uninformed comments to the contrary.

Cheers,