Re: booting to console

Phil Reardon wrote:

How can I boot to the console? I am stuck in a loop at the graphical login screen due to a faulty XF86Config file (I think!)

Phil Reardon

You can boot from a floppy or a cd. Then mount your drive,
fix the problem and reboot.
Or if you're feeling lucky you can hold control-C during the end
of your bootup to kill things. Hopefully that'll kill xdm and X won't
start up. If xdm pops up again, then try it agian and start control-c'ing
stuff earlier.

You really should boot from a rescue disk though.

Bijan