RE: Two Debian 3.0 reviews at Slashdot

I hear you -- and I agree entirely.  But combining the ease of use of a GUI with the ease of use of power tools like the ones you describe is one of the things that attracts me to Linux most of all, and I still haven't figured out a way to get my Intense3D video card to be recognized correctly by XFree86.  :(  While emacs is cool, I use an IDE to do my development and also need a working X server to test -- I'm confined to working in Windows at the moment, unless I can somehow justify a different video card from the IT dept...

Erik