Re: which half are you in?

On Sunday 20 October 2002 23:29, dave mallery wrote:
> hi list!
>
> there's a saying that all people are in two groups:
>
> those who have done an rm -R * in root
> and those who have not done it yet.
>
> last evening, i joined the former group after six years of linux and
> a lifetime of computing.

I guess I'm too young to have done it yet... :-)

But I remember back in school, my teacher managed to do:
C:\> del *.*
Are you sure (Y/N)?
- "Yes, of course I'm sure, damnit!" Y Return
- "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Well, he came crawling back to a few of us: "Guys, I know you have
certain *utilities* lying around this lab, can you get it back for me?"
Of course we could. He was a really cool guy, this teacher. :-)

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo