Re: woody vs. quota

"Michael Zedler" <michael.zedler@post.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> I'm trying to get quotas up and working.
> quota and quotarpc are started on startup. Unfortunately it tells me
> quotaon: can't find //quota.group on /dev/sda2 [/]
> quotaon: can't find //quota.user on /dev/sda2 [/]

See

    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=161430

which has a discussion of the problem.  It seems to involve a conflict between
which quota file format the kernel wants and which format is created by
quotacheck with default arguments.

The bug report also gives a workaround, namely to use the command

    quotacheck -acF vfsold

explicitly to create quota.user instead of aquota.user.

--
Jim Richardson
School of Mathematics & Statistics, University of Sydney