removal of Gnome2 not working

Hi Everybody,

First off, let me say that I thouroughly enjoy reading this list every
evening. And I will also take the opportunity to introduce myself properly:
My Name is Nicolaus, and I am a dabbler in many things, but master of very
few, or none.
My latest undertaking is to use Debian, and abstain from commercial software.
This latest undertaking is not entirely without problems.
My particular problem has to do with the removal of gnome2 components.As you
can see from the printout below, apt-get remove gnome2 has no apparent
success.
I end up with a few problems.

In short:
Removing file-roller2 ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/file-roller2.postrm: scrollkeeper-update: command not found
dpkg: error processing file-roller2 (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
is repeated for a few packages.

the final mesage  get is:
and in all honesty, I have never seen this before, and my question would be
the following:
Why does this happen, and what can I do to take care of this issue?

Oh, and one last thing, this problem also prevents me from installing ANY new
packages on my system.

Thank you all very much.

/Nicolaus (aka Panicman)

nicke:/home/nicke# apt-get remove gnome2
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package gnome2 is not installed, so not removed
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  file-roller2 gnome-applets2 gnome-panel-data2 gnome-terminal
gnome2-user-guide
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 5 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
7 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 14.7MB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 57871 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing file-roller2 ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/file-roller2.postrm: scrollkeeper-update: command not found
dpkg: error processing file-roller2 (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
Removing gnome-applets2 ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome-applets2.postrm: scrollkeeper-update: command not
found
dpkg: error processing gnome-applets2 (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
Removing gnome-panel-data2 ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome-panel-data2.postrm: scrollkeeper-update: command not
found
dpkg: error processing gnome-panel-data2 (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
Removing gnome-terminal ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome-terminal.postrm: scrollkeeper-update: command not
found
dpkg: error processing gnome-terminal (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
Removing gnome2-user-guide ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome2-user-guide.postrm: scrollkeeper-update: command not
found
dpkg: error processing gnome2-user-guide (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
 file-roller2
 gnome-applets2
 gnome-panel-data2
 gnome-terminal