Modem Ring Event

I use a debian woody box as a dialup router for a small LAN
it is not practical to leave the link up 24-7 but sometimes when i am not at home it would be usefull to get data from a
machine that is at home.
is there a simple way to configure it so that when the modem[internal pci] in the router detects two 'rings', it hangs up
then dials up my normal ISP? [so i can access machines behind the router via the net from afar]

This would enable me to ring the router from my mobile in order to raise the link.

thanks,

--
Hugh