Changing the pin priority of of local repository of debs

Hello,
1) I've recompiled the kdelibs packages with other options and created debs.
2) I put these debs in a /root/deb directory.
3) I ran the dpkg-scanpackage to create the necessay files to make it an apt
source.
4) I've added this new source on top of my /etc/apt/sources.list

The problem is that apt wants to update the locally compiled packages with the
one of the old source. Both of these sources have a pin priority of 500.

So I tried to raise the pin-priority of /root/deb but fiddling with
etc/preferences was of no avail.

Finally, I found a workaround by lowering the pin priority of the original
source by putting  in etc/apt/preferences

Package: *
Pin: origin download.uk.kde.org
Pin-Priority: 480

But it looks impossible to raise the priority of /root/deb because there is no
'origin' label (I've appended to this message the result of apt-cache policy)

How do you create an 'origin' for the /root/deb repository ?
His there any other way to tell /etc/apt/preferences/ to take into
consideration the local repository ?

Cheers,
Charles

Package Files:
 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     release a=now
 500 file: deb/ Packages
 333 http://marillat.free.fr unstable/main Packages
     release o=Christian Marillat,a=unstable,l=Unofficial Packages Free,c=main
     origin marillat.free.fr
 333 http://mplayer.nmeos.net unstable/ Packages
     release o=Christian Marillat,a=unstable,l=Mplayer Packages,c=main
     origin mplayer.nmeos.net
 500 http://people.debian.org kde3.0/ Packages
     origin people.debian.org
 500 http://people.debian.org ./ Packages
     origin people.debian.org
 480 http://download.uk.kde.org ./ Packages
     origin download.uk.kde.org
 500 ftp://ftp.oleane.net woody/non-free Packages
     release v=1.3,o=Blackdown,a=woody,l=Blackdown Java-Linux
     origin ftp.oleane.net
 333 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/non-US/non-free Packages
     release o=Debian,a=unstable,l=Debian,c=non-US/non-free
     origin ftp.uk.debian.org
 333 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/non-US/contrib Packages
     release o=Debian,a=unstable,l=Debian,c=non-US/contrib
     origin ftp.uk.debian.org
 333 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/non-US/main Packages
     release o=Debian,a=unstable,l=Debian,c=non-US/main
     origin ftp.uk.debian.org
 333 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/non-free Packages
     release o=Debian,a=unstable,l=Debian,c=non-free
     origin ftp.uk.debian.org
 333 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/contrib Packages
     release o=Debian,a=unstable,l=Debian,c=contrib
     origin ftp.uk.debian.org
 333 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages
     release o=Debian,a=unstable,l=Debian,c=main
     origin ftp.uk.debian.org
Pinned Packages:
     kbabel -> 1.0beta2-1