Re: recording sound from dsp

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 04:11:25PM -0500, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> The problem with vsound is when I set it up in a cron script.
> If I normally record 650M using vsound and I set it up with
> cron it will record for 1 hour but then when it outputs the file
> it never completely outputs the whole file.  It will stop at 350M
> or 450M or something.  Never the entire 650M.  I have tried setting
> nice to 18 and leaving the file in *.au format instead of converting
> to *.wav.  Nothing helped.  This only occurred when using it in
> a cron script.  It works fine when recording from the console.

Ah, I think I remember that thread.  I still don't know the answer tho.
vsound works by using LD_PRELOAD magic tho, so maybe there's an
environment variable hitch somewhere...

Have you filed a bug against vsound or contacted the upstream author?

> > I don't recall the previous thread, but vsound sounds like what you
> > want.
> >
> > -rob

BTW, posting your reply below the message makes it easier to follow the
discussion, especially for long threads.

-rob