Re: Passive mode with wu-ftpd

Bob Nielsen said:
> I am already using static NAT, am not familiar with 1:1 static NAT.  I
> looked through some documentation and this looks like it requires a 2.4
> kernel (I am running 2.2.21 with ipchains currently).  I guess it's time
> I finally bit the bullet and figured out netfilter/iptables in any case.

or put the machine outside the firewall. I see your using oz.net (same
isp as me!) they'll give you more ips if you ask for them..

just incase, to clarify what I mean by static NAT it maps everything
from 1 real ip to 1 NAT'd IP. I haven't used 2.4.x either so I am not
famillar with what docs you may be reading. I've read up on it for ipf
though. It works quite well. The setup on cisco is pretty simple you
just tell it map this ip to this ip, no need to specify ports or anything.

nate