Subject: [AMaViS-user] Amavis-ng + exim -- help please.
From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <debuser@sysmatrix.net>
Date: Sat, October 19, 2002 2:22
To: <amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net>

amavis-ng 0.1.4.1
exim 3.36

The error seems to occur when Exim.pm attempts to feed the scanned
message back to the real exim MTA.

When the error occurs the messages are left in /var/tmp where amavis
opens them up for scanning. I could probably feed them back to exim
by hand and have them delivered after disabling amavis.

Any idea why it's griping about a PATH environment being insecure
and where it's getting that particular environment setting? I'm no
programmer and have dug around about a week now trying to track it
down. I had one more thought that I haven't yet tried and that is to
set amavis to run as UID/GID mail/mail, the same as exim. I'm
working from remote right now (I'm at work and the box is at home).
May ssh into the box later and kill fetchmail to try re-setting the
UID/GID in the config files.

This is on a Debian distribution system with amavis running
uid=amavis gid=amavis

Thanks,

Gerald

Begin error email genertaed by exim: