Re: configuring CMI8738 sound card

    "Pavel" == Pavel Bradut Boghita <bradut@freeuk.com> writes:

    Pavel> Hello everybody, I have been looking for documentation on
    Pavel> how to set up the driver module for the C-Media CMI8738
    Pavel> sound card I have on one of the machines here. Including
    Pavel> the module when I've installed Debian Woody, didn't work.
    Pavel> I wasn't able to find a guide for doing this installation
    Pavel> properly on this machine, the Cmedia site has guides for
    Pavel> almost every other distribution but not Debian.  Could
    Pavel> someone please suggest some instructions for properly
    Pavel> installing the module driver?

On my Soyo Dragon+ board, running 2.4.18-k7 stock Debian kernel I just
have to load the cmpci module. Just 'modprobe cmpci' and add a line to
/etc/modules with the word 'cmpci' to ensure it gets loaded at each
reboot.

There are other gotchas for applications. The most common problem is
not having the user id that wants to use the audio car in the audio
group.

Cheers!
Shyamal