Re: USB mouse

#include <hallo.h>
Bruce Park wrote on Sat Oct 19, 2002 um 01:20:00PM:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to install debian and I'm stuck on the part where it says to
> enter the mouse device. I have USB optical MS Wheel mouse and I don't know
> what I should enter. Can anyone help me out with this? Also, if I do get the

RTFM. Load the mousedev module and the usb stuff for your usb controller. Or
just install hotplug, it should manage driver hocus-pocus for you. Then select
/dev/input/mice as device and (dunno exactly) IMPS/2 protocol or so.

> right device point, will the b2f4 kernel support this mouse?

Expect more stable support with it, but other kernels (expcept of the default
"safe" idepci kernel) should work as well.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.