disabling ide-scsi

hi,

I need to know how to disable ide-scsi emulation.

The 2.4bf-xfs kernel appears to have ide-scsi emulation built into the kernel,
and its behavior is to grab all cdrom and zip drive IDE devices by default,
rather than the old behavior of only grabbing the ones which you specify
using the append option of lilo.

In one machine I have only an IDE dvd-rom, so I don't need ide-scsi at all.

In another machine, I have an IDE burner, and an IDE zip drive, and I want
only the burner to be ide-scsi (currently it automatically grabs both).

The "ignore=hdX" option appears to do the exact opposite of what I need (it
tells ide-cd to not grab a cdrom).

The cd-writing howto addresses this question, but does not give an answer (see
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO-4.html#ss4.28 ).

any ideas?

-jason pepas