Re: USB storage (memstick) trouble [solved]

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 11:03:58PM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote......

> Check /var/log/messages and /var/log/syslog as the device is plugged into,
> and removed from, the USB port. That sometimes provides clues as to what
> the drivers are doing.

Great tip checking /var/log/messages, as it showed that I was making a
bonehead mistake (as I suspected) - for fstab line, I was using
/dev/sda3 instead of sdc1 (I already have two scsi's, so the memstick is
sdc).

Many thanks.  Great group this debian-users!

Kevin

--

Kevin Coyner
mailto: kevin@rustybear.com