Re: Terminal like server for linux

Gonzalez Castillo, Alain wrote:
Apt-get install rdesktop

about rdesktop

Actually, i have been using rdesktop for some time. After reinstalling Debian 3 with KDE 3 on my laptop, however, I can't get it to work. The error is:

When I tried make after downloading both v 1.0.0 and 1.1.0, I got the following errors:

for v. 1.1.0
xwin.c:21: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
xwin.c:22: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [xwin.o] Error 1

for v. 1.0.0
xwin.c:21: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [xwin.o] Error 1

According to the advice of one person:

Install X Window headers.  I'm not a Debian user, so I don't know the
name of the package, but on Red Hat it's XFree86-devel.

If you are certain the headers are installed, you'll need to point
rdesktop to them.

How do I know whether I have them installed? XFree86-devel is not a Debain package.

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for but
check out www.ltsp.org

As for LTSP. My question is this. If I create a client boot floppy can it be used out of office? i.e., provided I programmed it for the public ip of our LTSP server, would it work from the internet?