Re: pop server

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:42:04 -0400 (EDT)
Andrew Perrin <clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu> wrote:

> What are you trying to do?  telnet pop.<hostname> 110 tells telnet to
> find a machine called "pop.hostname" and connect to port 110, which is
> equivalent to the pop3 port. I don't think that's what you're looking
> for.

Well I got that from the man page.

What's not clear to me is what I call the pop server (i.e. what I should
enter into the mail client's setup as the email server to connect to - my
ISP's server is called pop.ntlworld.com, and I assumed my local one would
be called something along the same lines)

- Richard.