EVMS vs. LVM

Hello all,

I have a small home LAN server running RedHat 7.3 (2.4.18-10) w/ LVM to
spread the partitions across the available hard drives.  I'm looking at
migrating this system to Debian stable in the near future.  One of the
things that just about qualifies as a 'must-have' is LVM.  It doesn't look
like Debian supports LVM 'out-of-the-box', but then, neither did RH 7.3.
Given a bit of time and effort, I can most likely get LVM running on
Debian as well.  But I noticed that Debian does support EVMS.  Is it a
'superset' of the features of LVM, or what?  Will it do the same things as
LVM (i.e. create a volume group to span multiple physical volumes, then
create logical volumes such as /, /home, /var, etc. and so on?).  Any
feed back on the version in stable vs the version in testing?

Thanks,

nuk

--
"It is the American vice, the democratic disease which expresses its
tyranny by reducing everything unique to the level of the herd."

Henry Miller, American author, 1947