Re: RPM & DEBIAN

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Nikodim Nikodimov wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I would like to have full support of RPM...a men to be able to install *.rpm files.
> Is it possible to do this with deb rpm package or I to build RPM from scratch?

Simple. Install the 'alien' package. It allows you to convert RPM into
Debian packages:

 Alien allows you to convert LSB, Red Hat, Stampede and Slackware Packages
 into Debian packages, which can be installed with dpkg.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98