Re: openldap problem with testing

That was it removing all the files under /var/lib/ldap. After that it worked just like it was suppose to, so must of been a bad database in there or something. Thank you.

nate wrote:

Quenten Griffith said:
I tried doing it one at a time and then I get the same error diffrent
line

slapadd: could not add entry dn="o=mystikalphoenix,c=us" (line=10)

so you had 1 file with this:

dn: o=mystikalphoenix,c=us
objectClass: organization
o: mystikalphoenix

and did slapadd -l <file>

and it failed with that error?

next thing I would do is increase debugging to 65535 on the openldap
server(restart it after you change the debug in slapd.conf) and
try again, see what the debug log says(you may be able to get
away with debug of 256 too ..)

also you can try debugging on slapadd itself, also if you haven't
already I would erase(backup before if you want) the contents of
/var/lib/ldap, if your making a new DB I like to start with no
files in that directory. Also be sure that if Openldap is running
as a non-root user that it has read/write access to that directory.
from the format of your LDAP entries it looks as though your
following my HOWTO so I think you've probably done this part
already. I've populated a buncha databases and if ldap is failing
on that particular entry that is very odd.

Another thing, you can try to just grab my basic LDIF file, change
your slapd.conf to be the same as mine, and try slapadd see what
happens I have used that exact ldif file to populate a database
while I was testing so I know it works at least under openldap
2.0.23. If it works, then delete /var/lib/ldap/* again and change
your slapd.conf back.

good luck!

nate