Re: Installing php4-domxml fails due to missing zendapi

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 09:38, Patrick Kirk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wierd dependency - zendapi-20010901 does not look like a Debian product name.
It is. According to the policy,
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-versions.html#s4.1, if the
upstream package has a date-based versioning system, the Debian package
should have the same. Even if the New Maintainers' Guide does state that
the maintainer should prepend 0.0. to the date/version, that can be
handled by epochs.

> php4-domxml depends on zendapi-20010901
> zendapi-20010901 does not appear to be available
>
> I'm at a loss here - has anyone any idea on what I can do about this?
The above being said, I'm not sure how that applies to virutal packages.
What I do know is that zendapi-20020429 is provided by php4. You should
try to apt-get update and install php4 again. I think. ;-)

--
PGP public key: http://www.wolfheart.ro/pubkey.asc