Re: screen exit problem when using login shell

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 04:11:30PM -0400, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> (I like the login shells because I have a fairly large number of aliases
> and environmental variables in by .bash_profile that make the absence of
> a login shell unproductive.)
>
> Anybody seen this? is there a workaround?

Yes. fix your bash setup, put all the aliases etc. in ~/.bashrc and
source that file in ~/.bash_profile. Then you don't need to make every
random shell a login shell anymore.

Install the bash-doc package and have a look at
/usr/share/doc/bash/examples/startup-files/ for more hints.

mfg,

Stephen Rüger

--
It has been proposed that a million monkeys at typewriters would produce the
works of Shakespeare. The experiment has been tried. It is called the Internet,