Re: Simple HTTP Server Recommendation

Doug MacFarlane, 2002-Oct-16 14:41 +0000:

> Team:
>
> I need to put up a simple, HTML-only site.  No database/CGI/anything.
>
> Apache looks like overkill.
>
> Can you recommend a nice, compact, efficient alternative?
>
> TIA
>
> madmac

I use apache for HTML-only.  It may be overkill, but it runs
out-of-the-box and the configuration is pretty easy.  Also, it's so
widely supported that I don't have to go far to find answers to my
questions.  Also, if you decide later to use a database/cgi/anything,
it's a simple matter of installing the module for that purpose and you
don't have to go learn a whole new platform to do it.

my 2 cents,
jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer